Dr. Höfner is Senior Research Scientist at Data 61, CSIRO (formerly NICTA) in Sydney, Australia. He is also Conjoint Senior Lecturer at the School of Computer Science and Engineering at The University of New South Wales.
-- since 2013: Senior Research Scientist Data61 (formerly NICTA), Australia
-- since 2011: Conjoint (Senior) Lecturer, University of New South Wales, Australia
-- 2010–2013: Researcher, NICTA, Australia
-- 2009–2010: Postdoc in Computer Science, University of Augsburg, Germany
-- 2006–2007: Visiting Scholar, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
-- 2004–2009: PhD in Computer Science, University of Augsburg, Germany
-- 1998–2003: MSc in Mathematics (Diplom), University of Augsburg, Germany
- Formal Models and Calculi for Software Systems
-- specification and verification of protocols (routing and communication)
-- program verification
-- feature-oriented software development
-- reactive and hybrid system
- Mathematical Structures in Computing
-- process algebras
-- programm algebras
-- proof automatisation (applying off-the-shelf theorem provers)
Recent Publications (last updated 30/08/2016):
1. E. Bres, R.J. van Glabbeek, P. Höfner: A Timed Process Algebra for Wireless Networks with an Application in Routing (Extended Abstract). In Programming Languages and Systems (ESOP'16). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9632, pp. 95-122, Springer, 2016.
2. T. Bourke, R.J. van Glabbeek, P. Höfner: Mechanizing a Process Algebra for Network Protocols. In Journal of Automated Reasoning 56(3):309-341, Springer, 2016.
3. R.J. van Glabbeek, P. Höfner, M. Portmann, W.L. Tan: Modelling and Verifying the AODV Routing Protocol. In Distributed Computing, Springer, 2016. (in press)
4. P. Höfner, B. Möller: An Extension for Feature Algebra. In Journal of Logic and Algebraic Methods in Programming, Elsevier, 2016. (in press)
5. R. Berghammer, P. Höfner, I. Stucke: Cardinality of Relations and Relational Approximation Algorithms. In Journal of Logic and Algebraic Methods in Programming 85(2):269-286, Elsevier, 2016.
Further information can be found at hoefner-online.de.